22 April 2011

Easter greetings!

La Boulangerie Bakery's French macaronsPosted by Picasa
No, they're not Easter eggs; they're macarons from La Boulangerie Bakery in Chicago's Logan Square area--one of many fabulous sweet shops I visited while in the Windy City. From the baguettes, croissants and traditional crepes or galettes (swirled fresh in front of you) to the little handwrapped homemade caramels sold by the register (their caramel filling goes in one of the macaroons), to the lovely tiny bags of lavender buds, the Parisian-styled shop is a feast for all the senses. Tip: "Eat the caramel at the same time as you have your coffee; it all melts together," advised the manager. He was right.
If I lived near here, this is where I'd come every morning to purchase a baguette or two (like the woman in the photo below).
Posted by PicasaOr actually, if I really lived in the area, I'd sign up for their Bread Flix: and have my bread delivered to my door twice a week (by a cute guy on a cute imported bike).
La Boulangerie, 2569 North Milwaukee Avenue, at Logan Boulevard (773-358-2569).

No comments:

Post a Comment