18 November 2011

Happy Pie Day!

 
Posted by Picasa
"OK, here's the Thanksgiving menu so far: apple pie, pumpkin pie, blueberry tart, and ice cream roll. What am I missing? CAKE! We need cake."
Debra Messing as Grace Adler on Will & Grace

I love Wayne Thiebaud's paintings. I really wanted to post a copy of one of his pies and cakes for this blog post--but I didn't want to infringe on anybody's copyright. So I'm doing almost the next best thing: posting a photo I took in Traverse City this summer at the Grand Traverse Pie Company. Yum to their pie. Cake too. Don't know if they had the ice cream roll. Happy Thanksgiving!
PS I'm seriously thinking about making pumpkin bars tomorrow with cream cheese frosting. No. I AM making them tomorrow. (Just to get myself in the thankful holiday spirit.)

No comments:

Post a Comment